It’s World Usability Day—the day when UX practitioners around the world hold events to raise awareness of the importance of designing products and services that are easy to access and simple to use.
Note: we don’t use the word “ultimate” lightly here—upworthy this aint. This is a prize pool consisting of nearly $30,000 worth of tools, services, and training material that are immediately useful for UXers.
All you have to do to enter is take a photo of “something that engaged you today” and explain why you found it engaging. User experience is all about engagement, after all, and it’s the theme for this year’s global event.
Luke and myself will be part of the judging panel. While our professional ethics prevent us from allowing any bias to influence our decision, of course we’d love to see this amazing prize go to one of our readers.
So listen up—here’s how to win:
- Take a photo of something that engaged you today.
- Upload it and explain why it’s engaging.
- Share it with the world!
You can also vote for your favourite entries, even if you haven’t entered. The ten entries with the highest number of votes will go to the grand final to be judged by the panel, which includes Luke, myself, and the CEO of Optimal Workshop.
Here’s what’s included in the prize pack:
- Annual subscription to Treejack, OptimalSort, and Chalkmark, worth $1,990
- Annual subscription to Moz, worth over $1,150
- 25 UserTesting.com credits, worth $1,225
- Lifetime access to Crazy Egg, worth over $7,000
- 6 month subscription to Intercom, worth over $1,200
- Annual subscription to Visual Website Optimizer A/B testing, worth over $720
- Annual license to Loop 11, worth $9,900
- UXPin Annual Pro Plan, worth $480
- ProdPad Annual Plus Plan, worth $708
- 21 UX ebooks from Rosenfeld Media, worth $319
- Axure RP license, worth $589
- Trello Gold plan, worth $45
- Contactually small business annual plan, worth $432
- Wistia small business annual plan, worth $240
The internet has always risen to the challenge when it comes to coming up with creative imagery, so I look forward to seeing what comes out of this!
You have until December 4 to enter, so get snapping and good luck!
P.S. Check out what’s happening around the world for World Usability Day.