Ever feel like you’re reinventing the wheel on each project that you tackle?
Consider using one of the templates below. Whether it’s a framework upon which to prototype your mobile app, a script to use as the basis for your user testing sessions, or a printout of some simple panels to make your scribbled storyboard quicker to produce, you’re bound to find something in this list of UX templates.
Note that while it can be helpful to leverage the work of others, these UX templates are tools to help you structure your thinking, not a substitute for research, testing, or creativity. Also, please refer to the individual usage policy for each template.
There are probably tons of UX templates that we’ve missed—if you’re aware of a template that you think we should include here, let us know!
- Konigi Graph Paper
- EightShapes Unify
- Interactive Sketching Notation
- ZURB responsive sketchsheets
- Usability Testing Script by Steve Krug
- Recording Consent Form by Steve Krug
- Checklists by Steve Krug
- Instructions for Observers by Steve Krug
- Hall Monitor’s Guide by Steve Krug
- More usability document templates from usability.gov
- UXPin, a collaborative app that includes stencils for creating wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes
- An excellent collection of useful documents from the Usability SIG at the Society for Technical Communication