Yesterday, by popular demand, we hosted a session in our Slack channel on the subject of usability testing. Our UXpert was Cindy McCracken and she did a fantastic job.
As well as answering questions and handing out valuable advice, Cindy compiled this handy list of resources:
- Understanding Your Users by Kathy Baxter, Catherine Courage and Kelly Cain
- Observing the User Experience by Mike Kuniavsky
- Handbook of Usability Testing by Jeffrey Rubin and Dana Chisnell
- The Moderator’s Survival Guide by Donna Tedesco and Fiona Tranquada
- Measuring the User Experience by Tom Tullis and Bill Albert
- Beyond the Usability Lab by Bill Albert, Tom Tullis and Donna Tedesco
Tools for all kinds of testing
User Research Techniques
If you didn’t make the session because you didn’t know about it, make sure you join our community to get updates of upcoming sessions. If you have follow up questions for Cindy, you can ask them over on our community forums.
If you’re interested in seeing what we discussed, or you want to revisit your own questions, here is a full transcript of the chat.
You can use the command /tz help to get time zone conversion assistance here on @slackbot3
– Cindy will give an overview of the topic and run through some definitions
– We’ll throw it open to you for questions
As always, thank you @hawk for hosting :slightly_smiling_face:
More articles on this topic: