If you missed anything, what follows below is a recap of the first 12 days of UXmas 2014. Enjoy!
1. Santa, the Child, and the Magic of UX by Kathryn Reeves & Andrew Mayfield
In honour of UXmas, let us exalt Santa as the ultimate experience designer.
2. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for the Method: Workshop Facilitation Guidelines, Inspired by Aretha by Kristy Blazo & U1 Group
When was the last time you heard workshop facilitation advice set to an Aretha Franklin song?
3. Old Dog? Time to Learn some New Tricks by Donna Spencer
After a while in the same role, work can start to get boring. But it’s easy to re-ignite your enthusiasm for UX. Here’s how.
4. About that C Word … by Ruth Ellison
In this excerpt from UX Mastery’s “Everyday UX”, we unwrap three designers’ favourite tools.
5. What can UXers Learn From Rudolph? by Chris Gray
At Christmas, UXers can draw inspiration from the story of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.
6. If you Think Paper Prototyping is a Waste of Time, you’re Doing it Wrong. by Ashlea McKay
Some people think paper prototyping is a waste of time. Ashlea McKay disagrees. Here’s why …
7. The Phenomenon of Automagic by Kayla Heffernan
Excellent UX happens when your users don’t know how your app is working—it just works. Kayla calls this “automagic”.
8. 5 Roads to a Great UX Team by David Bradford
Google might not think the term “UX team” is important, but David has some advice on how to create a great one.
9. Digital Transgressions by Matthew Magain
Have you been naughty or nice? Matt explores the transgressions made by digital designers
10. Hooked on a Feeling by Stephen Anderson
As designers we craft experiences that are usable, attractive and reliable. Yet, there’s something missing. What might that be?
11. How to Overcome Portfolio Creator’s Block by Michelle Chin
If one of your big NY Resolutions is getting a new UX job, Michelle has advice on portfolios that will help make that happen!
12. Towards A Better UX Community by Dylan Wilbanks
Is it time to get out our pitchforks and torches out, or is it time for us as a UX Community to get real?
What’s your favourite UXmas gift so far? Let us know in the comments.