Here at UX Mastery, we’ve always been pretty focussed on how to get a job in UX; from the interview/hiring process, to building a perfect portfolio, to educational career paths and managing your UX career once you’re on your way.
In case you missed something, here’s a summary of 10 of our career-related resources we’ve published:
- 10 Steps to a Perfect Portfolio. Luke takes us though some practical tips for the perfect UX portfolio.
- Walk a Mile in your Interviewer’s Shoes. Kimberley demonstrates how you can tap into the skill of empathy to ace your next job interview.
- 5 Ways to Stand Out When Applying for a UX Job. Troy Parke tells us what employers are looking for in a UXer during the hiring process.
- Podcast—How to get an Awesome UX Job. Patrick Neeman talks about how to break into UX, create a portfolio, and manage your career.
- UX Degrees: a global list of academic degrees being offered in fields related to UX.
- Ask the UXperts—Getting Started in UX with Jodie Moule. You want UX? Jodie Moule answers the most diverse bunch of UX questions we’ve seen!
- Review: Career Mind Mastery—Learn How to Get your Dream Job. Kimberley learns how to shift her mindset to land that coveted position.
- UX is a Career. UX is many things—an industry, a philosophy, a process … but it’s also a career that needs to be nurtured.
- Review: You’re Hired! How to Get a Job in Product Management. Sarah gets stuck into how to get a job in product management.
- UX Careers Forum. The place to ask your questions on how to launch, grow, and manage your career as a UX designer.
Which of these posts resonated most with you? What type of career resources or information would you like to see in the future?