While Matt and Luke have been off galavanting around the world, Kim and I have been at home holding down the fort. It’s not all bad though – on their travels they’ve been spreading the UX Mastery word and as a result we’ve had an influx of new community members, which has been keeping things interesting.
Here’s what’s been going down…
The Jobs Board
A few months back I kicked off our Jobs Board, hand picking UX jobs from around the world so that you can keep an eye on what’s on offer. It has gotten a little more interesting over the last couple of weeks, with people approaching us to specifically advertise their roles. We have friends in Melbourne who have a really interesting job on offer, and a global recruiter who is keen on talented UXers to fill some positions.
If you’re looking for something new, or just like to keep your finger on the pulse, add our Jobs Board to your daily browsing schedule.
Why did you join the community?
It may seem like an obvious, or even ridiculous question, but bear with me. People join communities like ours for all sorts of reasons, and in order to make sure that we give you want you’re looking for, I need to know what that is. So please take just one or two minutes to jump into this thread and tell me why it is that you joined up to UX Mastery. Even if you don’t plan on posting regularly and just like to browse, that’s a totally valid (and helpful) response.
Who loves a good debate?
Earlier this year we ran a couple of really interesting debates. First up, Luke was declared victorius after an entertaining debate against Matt over which should come first, usability or delight? Following hot on the heals of that, Donna faced off against Angela over whether up-front user research is crucial or not. Both debates were entertaining and educational, and I’d love to do it again. If you’re interested in taking part in a debate, please respond to this email and let me know.
Member Spotlight on…
This time under the spotlight is a new community member, but one who has quickly made a mark with her prolific posting and clever way with words.If you want to be inspired by someone that really makes the most of any opportunity, grab a coffee and take 5 minutes out to have a read about what motivates Australian UXer Ashlea McKay.
Some interesting threads to check out.
- Join the discussion about Nathaniel Davis’ latest article on UX Matters titled UX Design Practice Verticals.
- Dean is attempting to summarise his company’s UCD process into 10 principles and is looking for feedback. How would you summarise yours?
- New community member Lynn is considering a move to UX and is interested in hearing what typical working conditions are like. Take a minute to tell her about your workplace.
- I’m currently researching UX portfolios for an article. If you’ve seen any really impressive ones out in the wild, please link me up.
- If you want a break from UX for a few minutes, take some time out to tell us what you love about your country.
So that’s it from me.
See you round the forums. If you’re not already a member, join up now!