- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to and/or collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to process an order.
If you purchase content or services from us, we request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Access to some of our online content may be restricted. To gain access to it, a user must first complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give contact information (such as name and e-mail address).
Email Newsletters & Alerts
If a user wishes to subscribe to our alerts, updates, newsletters, article digests, etc. we ask for contact and delivery information such as name and email address. All of these email lists provide opt-out facilities online and in the footer of each email broadcast. In some cases the user is asked to provide optional demographic and personal interest information that is used to keep our content as relevant as possible.
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer’s hard drive, once permission has been given. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your personal preferences, and respond to you as an individual. Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At uxmastery.com, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse web page traffic and tailor our website to our customer’s needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. We also use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage/opt out here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
- Facebook: We use retargeting codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage your preference/opt-out here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as OptusNet or AOL), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We share aggregated site traffic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postcode or age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address shown on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
PO Box 353,
VIC 3070 AUSTRALIA
This policy was last modified on August 26, 2014.