UX Mastery has been live for a few months now, and if you’ve been following along then you’ve probably come to know a little bit about us.
You’ve come to know that we like to pontificate about the big picture, we enjoy empowering others to apply user-centred design techniques for themselves, and we like to sketch things.
Now we want to know about you.
Who are you? Where are you at in your career, and where are you going? What is it that brought you to the UX field, how did you learn your craft, and … perhaps most importantly, how can we help? What do you like (or not like) about our fledgling website?
To entice you to open up to us and complete our (really quite short) online survey, we’re offering a carrot. Actually I tell a lie, it’s not a carrot—it’s much tastier than that. It’s the super-mega-awesome-UX-book-bundle-thingy, worth over $150 $200 (the bundle has grown since I first published this post—see below).
One lucky reader will receive these
five six prizes:
- 1 UXPin web prototyping kit
- 1 UXPin mobile prototyping kit
- 1 signed copy of Mike Rohde’s soon-to-be-released The Sketchnote Handbook
- 1 signed copy of Jodie Moule’s Killer UX Design
- 1 signed copy of Eva-Lotta Lamm’s Sketchnotes 2011
- …and one more item that we can’t reveal just yet, but we promise it’s awesome. Sorry to be coy—you’ll just have to wait and see.
Note these are physical, paperback books, and some of them are signed by the authors and delivered to your door. We think that’s a pretty great prize pack. Think of it as a big fat holiday hamper for UX Designers, although we can’t promise that it will be delivered by a fat old man on a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer. We’ll probably just, you know, use a courier, which means that if you win, the bundle may not actually arrive at your house until January some time. Them’s the breaks.
Now, I know you’re itching to dive in to that survey, and we’ll get to that in a moment. But there is one other thing I should mention before you get started. In order to comply with the gaming regulations for the state of Victoria, we can’t just say “All you have to do is fill out our survey, and you’ll be placed in the draw.” We wish it were that easy. But oh no. Uh uh.
So instead of running a “game of chance” we’re asking you to engage in a “game of skill.” Hopefully that appeals to the competitive streak in you. Don’t worry, we’re not asking you to jump through too many hoops—we’re just asking for your best ideas on how to make the site better. Oh, and you do need to submit the survey before Dec 7th, 2012 to be eligible. Full terms at the bottom of this post.
However, even if you don’t care for the prize pack, or your brain hurts too much from last night’s end-of-year bash, we hope you’ll fill out our little survey anyway—if only to help us make UX Mastery that much better. Here’s the survey link:
We appreciate all of your honest thoughts and feedback. It will help make UX Mastery a better website.
P.S. A huge thanks to Jodie Moule, Mike Rohde and Eva-Lotta Lamm for kindly donating a signed copy of each of their respective (and excellent) books. All three are lovely folks and talented UX designers in their own right!
- By submitting the UX Mastery Reader Survey, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- The survey will be online from Thursday, November 22, 2012.
- We will not share your email address with any third party.
- The prize will be awarded to the person who provides the best answer to the final question in the survey. The decision of which response is the best will be determined by UX Mastery, and the decision will be final. If you miss out on the prize, don’t take it personally—we still love you.
- To be eligible for the prize, survey responses must be submitted before midnight on Friday, December 7th, 2012, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- The winner of the competition will receive the super-mega-awesome-UX-book-bundle-thingy listed above. If UX Mastery is unable to deliver any part of this prize, the winner will receive an Amazon gift voucher to the value of AUD $150. UX Mastery reserves the right to decide whether to award an Amazon gift voucher in lieu of the advertised prize.
- The winner will be notified by email, and the winner’s name will be published on uxmastery.com during the week commencing Monday, December 10, 2012.
- Entries are limited to one per person; if the winner is deemed to have submitted multiple entries, their eligibility to win the prize will be forfeited.
- Entries submitted after 11:59pm on Friday, December 7, 2012 Australian EST, will not be eligible to win.
- UX Mastery reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage throughout the survey period.
*Actually, the bundle is worth more than this, based on the fact that a book signed by the author is higher in value than one that isn’t signed. How much more? Who’s to say? Maybe even a couple of bucks!