Ever heard of the User Experience Awards?
Hmmm, me neither.
But as it turns out, they’re a thing—an annual juried event in New York City that celebrates exceptional digital user experiences.
This is the third year that the awards have been run.
The UX Awards aim to raise the stature, understanding, importance and awareness of User Experience. User Experience is a critical part of the development process and an essential element for success for any digital brand, site, app, product or service in an ever-more-sophisticated consumer marketplace.
Sure, the awards are US-centric (submissions are welcome from any country, but only US-based entries are eligible for any monetary prize). And yes, maybe their website isn’t exactly the embodiment of exceptional user experience—but then, neither is ours (we know it, we’re working on it).
But hey—what an awesome concept. And what a stellar line-up of judges:
- Anders Ramsey, Agile UX Designer & Coach, UX Author, Leader of NYC IA Meetup and Agile Experience Design Group
- Charlie O’Donnell, Partner at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Chris Jaffe, Director, Product Innovation at Netflix
- Cindy Jeffers, CEO and CTO at Salon.com
- Cory Lebson, Principal User Experience Consultant at Lebsontech and Director Strategic Partnerships at UXPA International
- John Payne, Design Educator and Principal at Moment Design
- Lis Hubert, UX Consultant & IXDA New York Local Leader
- Tomer Sharon, UX Author and Senior User Experience Researcher at Google Search
While we won’t be able to make the flight to New York to attend the awards, we think this is a great concept that will only serve to elevate the role of User Experience on the web and beyond. And with the calibre of these judges behind the awards, they can only improve. We’ve therefore decided to get behind the UX Awards as a community sponsor, to help get the word out there.
And so …
If you’ve worked on a website, desktop app, mobile app or digital campaign that you believe provides an exceptional experience to its users, you should submit it in the UX Awards!
Submissions will be open and accepted from March 15 2013 through to Monday April 15 at 11:59pm EST. There is an entry fee of $100. Read the full submission details here.